- The Promoter is Alulu Pty Ltd (ABN: 15 649 573 339) of PO Box 15, Bogangar NSW 2488. Telephone number: [insert valid phone number].
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, WA, SA and TAS who are 18+ years old and are subscribers to www.alulu.com.au weekly or fortnightly newsletter, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole, and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- The competition commences on [Insert date] at [Insert time] (AEDT) and concludes on Monday, [Insert date] at [Insert time] (AEDT). Entries must be received by the Promoter before the competition's close date and time.
- In each case, the time of entry will be the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation not attributable to a valid mobile phone account are invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
- The details of how to enter the competition are set out on www. alulu.com.au.
- Entrants may enter the competition by providing their email addresses, setting an account password, and subscribing to the www.alulu.com.au weekly or fortnightly newsletter. Registration is free.
Entrants will have the following opt-ins available:
- Subscribe to alulu.com.au newsletter
- Receive special offers and communications from Alulu
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not under these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but is not limited to, entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
- Only one entry per person per email address is permitted.
Determination and Notification of the winner
- Entries must be received by [insert time] (AEDT) on [insert date]. In each case, the time of entry will be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
- Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. One (1) valid entrant will be drawn randomly to become the winner. The draw will occur at [Insert address], on [Insert date] at [Insert time] (AEDT).
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- The winners will be notified within two days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will occur at [Insert address] on [Insert date] at [Insert time] (AEDT). The winner will be notified within two days of the draw. The winner will be notified of their prize in writing.
Prize on offer
22. Individual prize value will be a maximum of $1000 AUD (including GST). The total prize pool value will be a maximum of $1000 (including GST) as of 11th December.
- One (1) valid entrant* will receive:
- $1000 in Alulu products selected across styles, full-price items only.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of the first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise from accepting the prize.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses (including installation costs) become the responsibility of the winner.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the Promoter's control corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to participate in the prize safely. In accepting the prize, the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter at its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise from accepting the prize.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated, and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request any documentation necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including an online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated, and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request any documentation necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated, and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request any documentation necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated, and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize, to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all). The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so-called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sublicensees to material alterations to the Works (including, without limitation, any copying, editing, adding to, taking from, adapting and/or translating the Works, in any manner or context) for any purpose, notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, an act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- AUTOMATIC OPT-IN: By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (except for any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you to conduct this promotion, but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (except for any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database, and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments, and winners' names may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.